Who is eligible to participate in the Asia Young Designer Awards?
This contest is open to:
- Second-year and above interior design students onwards. [Interior Design
- Third-year and above architectural students onwards. [Architecture
All participants must be enrolled in an educational institution majoring in
interior design or architecture.
How many design projects can I submit for the Asia Young Designer Awards?
You may submit ONLY 1 (ONE) project each year per student.
How can I amend my submitted entry?
Cannot be amended.
What will the grand prize winner of the Asia Young Designer Awards receive?
The grand prize winner will receive:
- Silver Award – Rs. 25,000 (Cash prize + Internship opportunities)
- Gold Award – Rs. 50,000 (Cash prize + Internship opportunities)
- Honorary mention x2 – Rs. 10,000 (Cash prize)
- An all-expense-paid trip to the AYDA Regional Summit
(Compete against winners from 14 other geographical locations to win the Asia
Young Designer of the Year).
How do I find out more about the Asia Young Designer Awards?
- Alternatively, you can find out more about the contest on our official Asia
Young Designer Awards 2022 website at www.asiayoungdesigneraward.com/award
for tips, news and other relevant updates regarding the contest.
Who are the supporting organisations for Asia Young Designer Awards?
Ministry of Education (MOE), Malaysian Institute of Architects (PAM), Real Estate
and Housing Developers’ Association Youth Malaysia (REHDA Youth), Malaysian
Institute of Interior Designers (MIID), Malaysia Green Building Confederation
(MGBC) and Construction Industry Development Board Malaysia (CIDB)
Where can I get the contest Entry Form?
Click here to register here
How long or short should my design statement be?
Include your design statement SHOULD NOT exceed 800 words and submitted
as Microsoft Word / PDF document (Online submission) or save in CD/DVD (Hardcopy
How will my university stand a chance to win the best supporting
- Your university/college would need to get the supporting materials for the Asia Young Designer Awards through event agency.
- Incorporate these supporting materials onto your university/college
- Submission Entries: Total Submission / Total Number of Student X 100%
(Highest % will get 2 points)
What colours can I use in my design project submission?
- All colours used in your design project submission must be from Nippon Paint’s product range, clearly illustrated with accurate colour names, colour codes and product range.
Are there any specific locations for the design project location?
No, there is no specific location for your design project location. It can either
be an existing building or an empty lot of space/land.