Who is eligible to participate in the Asia Young Designer Awards?
This contest is open to:
- Second-year interior design students onwards. [Interior Design Category]
- Third-year architectural students onwards. [Architecture Category]
All participants must be enrolled in an educational institution majoring in interior design or architecture.
How many design projects can I submit for the Asia Young Designer Awards?
You may submit ONLY 1 (ONE) project each year per student.
How can I amend my submitted entry?
Please contact the admin.
What will the grand prize winner of the Asia Young Designer Awards receive?
The grand prize winner will receive:
- RM5,000 cash price
- An all-expense-paid trip to the AYDA Regional Summit
(Compete against winners from 14 other geographical locations to win the Asia Young Designer of the Year).
How do I find out more about the Asia Young Designer Awards?
Who are the supporting organisations for Asia Young Designer Awards?
Ministry of Education (MOE), Malaysian Institute of Architects (PAM), Real Estate and Housing Developers’ Association Youth Malaysia (REHDA Youth), Malaysian Institute of Interior Designers (MIID), Malaysia Green Building Confederation (MGBC) and Construction Industry Development Board Malaysia (CIDB)
Where can I get the contest Entry Form?
You can download the contest Entry Form here
How long or short should my design statement be?
Your design statement SHOULD NOT exceed 800 words and it must be saved under a Microsoft Word / PDF document (Online submission) or save in CD/DVD (Hardcopy submission).
How will my university stand a chance to win the best supporting university/college award?
- Your university/college would need to get the supporting materials for the Asia Young Designer Awards through event agency here
- Incorporate these supporting materials onto your university/college websites.
- Submission Entries: Total Submission / Total Number of Student X 100% (Highest % will get 2 points)
What colours can I use in my design project submission?
- All colours used in your design project submission must be from Nippon Paint’s product range, clearly illustrated with accurate colour names, colour codes and product range.
- Colour chips can be downloaded from here
Are there any specific locations for the design project location?
No, there is no specific location for your design project location. It can either be an existing building or an empty lot of space/land.